Re: [NSW] Toronto Station?

> > I'm not sure when the line closed, but there was still a regular
railcar
> > service into the 70s.
> >
> > Cheers
> > David
>
> I last photographed the 620s at Toronto in March 1990. IIRC the line
closed
> sometime later that year.
July 1990 IIRC, I have an issue of "Rail Australia" back from 1990
(remember this magazine??) explained some variation with the service
would help Toronto line to survive. The suggestions were:

*Run through train bewteen Newcastle and Toronto
*Run through train between Sydney and Toronto
*ensure reliable connection bewteen Interurban trains and Toronto
shuttle.

The writer went on how Toronto is such a popular holiday destination
but without reliable public transport...

I haven't been there myself thou.......

--
Cheers

James