Re: 1968 to 1977 Where was the location for Loco change at Kalgoorlie for IP/Trans?

Grahame Ferguson wrote:

 Prior to the s.g. track being put through the platform at Kalgoorlie in
 1977, where did the actual change of loco from CR to WAGR taken place?
 As there was no run round at Kalgoorlie when the ground level platform
was
 originally in use, were locos changed at Parkeston?
 I know that freight trains changed locos at West Kalgoorlie, but in
this
 months Railway Digest in the 'Remember When' article it talked about
the
 changing of locomotives occuring at Parkeston on the inaugural IP.
 When I was there in 1975 it was run through GMs so there was no change
over
 needed, so I was none the wiser.

 regards, Grahame

Hi Grahame,
During the period you mentioned, all locomotives were changed at
Parkeston.
AFAIK locos on freight trains were changed at West Kalgoorlie after the
end
of narrow gauge working in Kalgoorlie, which enabled the platform to be
reguaged.
>From that time, the IP/Trans locos were changed at Kalgoorlie, except
when through
running was in operation.