Re: Clyburn ( was Re: [NSW] Pippita)

ROY HOWARTH <rhowarth@ihug.com.au> writes:

>Opened in ca.1942 to serve Clyde up & down yards, wagon maintenance
>centre etc etc. Used to display prominent signs in the shelter "SRA
>Employees Only". Don't know when it closed (early 1990's?), but I'm
>pretty sure the footbridge is condemned.

The station has never been officially closed (was it ever officially opened?
It's never been a public passenger station, so there would have been no need
for any sort of official function to declare it 'open'), but I think the
footbridge is in pretty bad shape. When I left Enfield for CityRail in late
1994 we still used the footbridge to get from the up yard to the down yard
when relieving crews on the then down yard shunter.

>Does anyone know if this platform will be razed in the forseeable future?

No reason to.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport