Re: [NSW] Pippita

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> writes:

>> The overhead wiring went all the way around Saleyards loop (on the
>> northern side of the freeway behind the Woodmasons Coldstores site).

>But it did not go to the Abbottoirs branch, which was served by passenger
>trains.

That's correct. Only the saleyard loop was wired to my knowledge. When I
started at Enfield in 1990 the brickworks loop had already gone, but I never
found any evidence of it having OHW fitted when I walked around parts of the
former right of way during idle periods on the saleyards shunter.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport