Re: Guard announcements

"Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> writes:

>From Strathfield, the stations are Homebush (u won't stop there), then Flemo
>(maybe), skirt the outside of Flemo yard (no stop, shock horror) then
>Olympic Park (long stop here while guard makes two dwell movements without u
>moving...........

>8)

>Qualified for the Airport Line or Olympic Park yet?

No. And as of this week, we all have to do a new 2-day training course at
Petersham college called POT (Pre-Olympic Training) which is apparently a
combined safeworking + emergency working + faults and failures
re-accreditation thing. So you could now say (and I am sure that the media
will love this one) that CityRail has "gone to POT"! 8-)

I'm still waiting to be rostered for the 1 day SI (Signal Identification)
recertification course too.. 8-)

So in 4.5 months everyone has to do the POT and SI course, and be qualified
for the Airport and Olympic Park lines... No wonder there are currently
about 100+ drivers rostered for standby shifts (mostly all extra's) each
weekday going on the daily roster sheets produced each previous evening by
the rostering staff.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport