Re: Victorian Speed Traps ( was: 3801/30 to ararat )

> From: Greg Triplett <triplett@hotkey.net.au>
> Newsgroups: aus.rail
> Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 12:11:21 GMT
> Subject: Re: Victorian Speed Traps ( was:  3801/30 to ararat )
>
> Hey Hoges
>
> Changing the subject slightly. Do you remember the names of
> the guys who got killed one night heading north out of
> Sydney for a day on the Short North. It happened about 1970
> or 71 and one name I remember ( because I knew him ) is
> Geoff Sweet.
>
> Anybody remember ?
>
> Regards
>
> Greg Triplett

I remember a crash that happened in about 1985ish where 4 VR
drivers/railfans died in a crash up there somewhere on a railfanning trip. I
knew one bloke, Jeff Lawson but of course everyone called him Henry Lawson,
is this the crash you are thinking about Greg? IIRC all 4 were from Geelong.

Mark