Re: "The Ghan"

Maurie Daly wrote:

> Davids correct about RAC looking after safeworking,but in reality do they,or
> is the safeworking function contracted out.
> I noticed that the last time I was in Albury that there is now a prominent RAC
> sign on Albury Station Signal Box ,but the signaller in the box works for SRA.
> ie just how much of RACs functionality isnt contracted out to someone else?

Network Control belongs to SRA and is contracted to RAC to perform operational safeworking
(signalboxes, etc).  I don't know why, but CityRail drivers and guards come under Network
Control.  Safeworking Standards, I believe, are looked after by RAC, but I may be incorrect.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au