Re: "The Ghan"

In article <390D88CA.E3AA64E@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:
>Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 23:38:18 +1000
>From: David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au>
>Subject: Re: "The Ghan"

>Ray McDermott wrote:

>> When will TOW be introduced?  Does anyone know?  (Another SRA fiasco--- ARTC,
>> please take over!)

>Nothing to do with SRA.  RAC looks after safeworking these days.

>--
>David Johnson
>trainman@ozemail.com.au
>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
>------------------------------------
>These comments are made in a private
>capacity and do not represent the
>official view of State Rail.
>C.O.W.S. Page 11.

Davids correct about RAC looking after safeworking,but in reality do they,or
is the safeworking function contracted out.
I noticed that the last time I was in Albury that there is now a prominent RAC
sign on Albury Station Signal Box ,but the signaller in the box works for SRA.
ie just how much of RACs functionality isnt contracted out to someone else?

MD