Re: Kudos to CityRail!

Did you know Busways run an infrequent service from Wollongong to
Campbelltown and return.
One way trip takes about 1 hour 15 minutes.
For further details I can e-mail an Acrobat file to you or visit
www.busways.com.au
Regards, Mr. Smith

"Bradley Torr" <btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> wrote in message
390d159d@pink.one.net.au">news:390d159d@pink.one.net.au...
> Yup, that's right - no sarcasm here.... on a lengthy trip on Saturday
which
> often takes up to six hours from Warrawong, NSW to Ambarvale, NSW,
> everything worked like clockwork and it took barely three hours!
>
> Left home at 08:16, arrived at bus stop 08:20, waited for the 08:20
ex-Port
> Kembla Station bus (John J. Hill Pty. Ltd. bus, Port Kembla-Wollongong,
> route 65) which arrived pretty much on time. Due at Wollongong Station at
> 08:54, hopeing to connect to Sydney-bound train due at 08:55. But the bus
> was a little late, arrived at 08:57. Made a mad dash up stairs, across
> pedestrian bridge across the South Coast line, then back down to the
ticket
> office, bought my ticket, and train arrived a minute later at 08:59...
four
> minutes late, so I wasn't complaining!
>
> Timetable showed that train was due to terminate at Sydney Central
intercity
> platforms, but for some strange reason, after Hurstville, it was announced
> that the train would go along the ESR and terminate at Martin Place. Train
> arrived at underground platforms at Sydney Central at 10:18, two minutes
> late. Went up the elevator and then a short walk to Platform 23 for the
East