Re: Best Suburban/interurban train???

David Johnson wrote:

> > Then you got to try IMU, as far as suburban/interurban trains are
> > concerned, IMU ride quality is the best I expereinced(been a newer
> > train then "V" also influence),

> Also influenced by the fact that it runs on the best aligned track in
> Australia.  A V set on similar quality track would ride equally well.

The IMU has the same suspension setup as an SMU - which to my mind means
excessive rocking and rolling. The underfloor sound insulation is
better, however, so it's a lot less noisy.

The SMU2's have a completely different suspension, using coil springs
and dampers instead of rubber chevrons. Much better!

> > more comofortable seats then most of the
> > interurban trains

> I disagree there.  The V set seats are far superior to those on the IMUs.

I'd disagrre, but horses for courses. I'm a short-arse.

> Choosing between V sets and IMUs, I feel the V sets would just win.

If the V sets underwent a major (IE: not pissweak citydecker style)
refit, I'd agree with you.

I believe the SMU2 slay's em all, personally. And they sound like a
qoole science fiction movie soundtrack!

> David Johnson

Rob K