Re: Freight/Australia troubles multiply!

It would come as no surprise to me that there was a vehicle hit by a
train on that line as everyone does not really look.  There was an
article in a local paper about this, which might shed some light on it.

http://news.mcmedia.com.au/articles.pl?TakeNo=200005012052794

Does anyone know what was on the train?

Doug.

In article <390CCC2E.C27D9793@mbox.com.au>,
  clinton smith <cdsmith@mbox.com.au> wrote:
> hi there guys + gals,
> does any one know which level crossing this happened at??
> i grew up in the area and recall in the days of a regular goods and
pass service
> an altercation between a tip truck and a goods. the truck was rather
sad as a
> result as were several goods wagons. the line was reopened quickly but
several
> bogies sat next to the crossing for a few months.
> even when we had pass [2 up,2 dn] and goods [up,dn] the locals
invariably
> ignored crossings. seems a fairly common trait.
> cheers, clinton
>
> Rod Young wrote:
>
> > Freight Australia must be wondering what they can possibly do to
increase
> > their business, and stop losing their Motive Power.
> > Last night a Melbourne bound goods from Echuca, diverted to Seymour
via
> > Talamba, struck a truck on a level crossing at Tongala. G523 rolled
onto its
> > side  and X39 attempted to follow.
> > This line is only infrequently used, and Local cars and trucks
rarely bother
> > to look anymore. Most crossings are unprotected, I am told. Despite
the slow
> > speed of this track, G523 is expected to be out of service for a
> > considerable time.
> > --
> > Rod

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/