Re: [Melb] Steamrail trip failure (L class)

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message

> Same with Ringwood after the re-signalling (about 2 weeks) they sent a
train
> for run-a-round there and the signaller just said "you didn't provide the
> signal for the move, so I will send the Engine to Mitcham" all they needed
> at Ringwood to be able to run-a-round trains is control of signal RWD223
and
> a dwarf for movements from the Up line to either platform 1 or 2.

The question is, can the move from the Up side points 223U into either No.s
1 or 2 Rds be leagally done?

Here are the pertinant details from SW 011/2000 "Defined Station Limits":

7. Defined Station Limits

'Station Limits' within the various Safeworking systems is deined as
follows:

Automatic Block Signalling

The portion of line extending between the Home Arrival Signal and the first
Automatic Signal in advance of the Home Departure Signal, or where a Home
Departure Signal is not provided, the first Automatic Signal ahead of the
Home Arrival Signal.

Wrong Direction movements within Station Limits

The following proceedures must be observed when a wrong line movement is to
be made within an area classified as 'Station Limits':

* The Signaller must ensure all fixed signals protectig the line over which
the wrong direction movement is to be made are secured at the 'Stop'
position.

* All facing and trailing points which the train will traverse during the
wrong direction movement must be set in the correct position and the point
lever then sleeved, or the appropriate point sleeve command applied.

* The Driver must then be given Verbal Authority from the Signaller for the
wrong direction movement to commence.  This authority may be given via
Radio, post telephone or in person.

* The Train Register Book must be endorsed with the details of the wrong
direction movement.

I think is is perfectly acceptable to run around without a dwarf in these
circumstances.

> (two signals and a little change of the interlocking on the computer which
> takes 4 1/2 minutes)

Takes that long? |-)

--
HXP1