Re: [NSW] Central Station

>snip<

> And just to make sure everyone was really confused, that train is usually
> one of the older type (ie Silver non-Tangara - pardon me if I don't know
> specifics), but what turned up was an inter-urban tangara,

That was T69, leading car D6276. Dapto has been on that indicator for the past year or so (see other
discussions in this newsgroup). Yesterday a G set (Outer suburban Tangara set) was attached to the
back of it.

> <slight topic change>
> I wish the 17:18 to Richmond was newer rolling stock, we've been
> lucky this week in actually having air-conditioning!!
> Why does the Sydney-Central coast run which takes about an hour-ten
> get inter-urbans, but the Sydney-Richmond which takes longer doesn't?

Yes but they only have 81 Outer suburban Tangara cars to do the Martin Place to South Coast plus the
Central Coast via Town Hall runs and there is a high demand for those fast Wyong via North Shore
services. Sydney to Richmond is operated by basically K sets, which should be air conditioned.