Re: [NSW] CityRail Delays Friday

Hubert Lam wrote:

> Why would wooden sleepers give the best ride? the rails are not continously welded so it's
> annoyingly noisy and bumpy (i can't write like that)

You seem to think that if there is wooden sleepers, it is not continuously welded. that is not
the case. Yes there are some locations where it is not continuously welded.  yes I know the
north shore line has some areas of mechanical joints.  For example, the line north of Gosford
to Newcastle is mainly timber sleepers, but nearly all of it is continuously welded.

Why do timber sleepers give a better ride ??. Timber is flexible, whilst the concrete sleeper
is ridged, and has no play in movement of the road bed.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis