Re: [Melbourne] Tait Motor road movement.

John Wayman wrote in message
<38dd4bda$0$11372@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>On Wednesday last I saw Tait Motor 279M being transported on a semitrailer
>along Dandenong Road Oakleigh. IIRC the truck turned into Warrigal Road and
>then onto the Monash Freeway.
>
>It was the complete body including pantograph. The interior had many of the
>original seats, but every window was smashed.  The exterior was extremely
>weathered. Stencils on both sides stated "This carriage is the property of
>David Atkinson".

This unit used to sit at St Kilda Railway Station until recently.

As far as I could ascertain, it is no longer the property of `David
Atkinson', it is the property of Port Phillip City Council.

I spoke to a gent there regarding purchasing the carriage, and he said I
could have it for $500 (yes, five hundred), on the proviso I paid for all
transportation costs.

Andy