Re: [Melb] Hillside late running who pays?

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:39:33 GMT, Vaughan Williams
<ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote:

>In all seriousness, I think its outrageous to hold up two trains of
>people so that an elderly rich tourist doesn't have to wait a couple of
>minutes at a level crossing.

Forget the notion that she's a rich tourist. What ever your view, her
title is the Queen of Australia and every hoon, anarchist, ratbag and
nutcase has considered her a case for target practice. If she were a
just a rich pommie tourist then she would have been universally
ignored, but she has that special title that marks her out as
something quite different and unique.

Personally I would agree to hold up any number of trains for some
idiot who threatens to jump onto the 1.5KV catenary let alone the
Queen of Australia who was the target for the likes of some knife
wielding looney.

>Someone should inform the republican movement.

Why? They seem to have more respect for her than you do.

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to loose.