Re: [Melb] Hillside late running who pays?

In article <8bctv0$b02$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
> Just something a little different to think about.
>
> Today the Middleborough Road Level crossing was out of action from
about
> 2:30 till 2:45pm. Two trains ended up running late (I think 11 and 17
> minutes or something). Now if it wasn't Hillside's fault do they
forward
> an invoice of the fine to the person(s) that created the delay?
>
> Now some more info, the crossing was put out of action by some
Hillside
> signal people on the instruction of the police a/c the Queen was to
travel
> down Middleborough Road from the Freeway to Box Hill as part of her
visit
> to Australia. (After all we don't want the Queen to have to stop at a
level
> crossing and wait for some Hillside train to go throug).
>
> So will Hillside invoice the Queen for the fined ammount? If so will
she
> pay in English pounds or Australia Dollars?
>
> --
>
> Chris Gordon
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> e-mail: cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (text only)
> e-mail: cmgord@alphalink.com.au
> ICQ: 32989450
> Mobile Phone: Number on Request.

She could easily go via Station street in Box Hill where there is an
overbridge or Elgar Road rather then held up 2 -6 carriages commuter
trains where people are trying to get somewhere.

--
Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/