Re: [NSW] Who's got the worst trains

Ok
R S and L sets are basicly the bench mark.
They are the best to control if you know how to notch up. They arn't
the  fastest but they are easy to fix under the KISS theroy. Brakes,
when working well, like the speed, are not the fastest but give the best
braking ie smooth, and are predictiable. A happy sort of train.

K sets.
You have the same motors as the S sets (or similar) but the train is
heavier as it is longer than the S sets and has A/c units, Motor
alternators etc so the slower it is compared to S sets. The brakes take
longer to apply and as a result hare harder to predict. (apparantly
there is some mod being done to the brakes for faster application)

C sets
Have the same motor altenator, a/c etc set up as K sets but have more
powerful traction motord so the get up and go well.
Choppers sets are totaly different to what they were when they first
came out as they were a "prototype" of the Tangaras and a lot of the
fetures have been disconnected/taken out. Origionaly they had the same
power up/ master controller properties as the Tangara but in the same
format as the S and K sets. Ie they could power up and drop back as a
Tangara but are now fitted with the same "notch up" set up as the S, K
sets.
These were the first sets to have electric (regen) braking. This
breaking is rough and unpredictiable at the end when the regen drops out
and the E.P kicks in. (I won't use the technical version)
As one driver said when asked if he liked them:
"Well they don't work well in the dry and they are no good in the wet.
they have problems in the night and as well as in the day. they are
useless going up hill and a pain in the arse going down."

T sets.

Good/hard braking and power up.
You as a driver have no control.
The computer thinks it has and often cocks it up. Ie in the wet. You
can't notch up so if you move to the next power notch and it is to
powerfull you slip and carry on whilst the computer tries to sought it
out.
Regen braking often cuts outwith out E.P kicking in so you get a lurch
which can often make you over shoot.

G sets
T sets with a shit house.
Yes that word has to be used

If you want I can go into it more but you should get the general idea.

Long Live the S sets!

rgds