Re: Daylight saving

In 1998 I was in Melbourne for the weekend when it was time to go back
into Eastern Standard time. I don't know what BS, HS & VLP did but the
overnight XPT to Sydney departed on time from Spencer Street and (IF) on
timetable arrive into Sydney an hour early.

On the other hand, GSR's Overland left Spencer Street one hour late to
(hopefully) arrive at Kewsick on time. If I recall correctly, the
opposite train was late but I can't recall.

The people cheering the loudest about the end of daylight saving would
be (in no particular order)

* People arriving off NT1 at Brisbane and people picking them up -
0600 compared to 0500 (and also those people concerned with NT2's
departure from Brisbane)

* People living in NSW/Qld border towns (esp the Gold Coast/Tweed areas)

* ausrail contributers (some, not all) because it gives them a chance to
rip into CityRail, no matter what.

The good thing is that I get an extra hour sleep tonight. The bad thing
is that I have to relieve two people on nightshift who had to work an
hour for free (so you can imagine what they would be like @ 0600).

Eric
Visit my website
http://www.erk.au.com