Re: [VIC]Sprinter info!!

<8bh830$7ku$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...

> >But Sprinters no longer runs to Albury, most of the Sprinters journey
> >are less then 2 hours. I was hoping to have seats at least as
> >comfortable as Xplorer.
>
> If they do it properly, they will not be Xplorer seats. IMNSHO, the
seats
> used on the XPT's and Xplorers were designed to be used for both
overnight
> and daylight journeys, and in attempting to be suitable for both,
succeeds
> in neither. The modifications required for one made it unsuitable for
the
> other.
These new sprinters might need to run overnight as well, one of the
option for returning of the Mildura service is an overnight one.

> The best seats I have come across were the ones fitted to the ACZ's in
> Victoria. They were marginally better than the ones fitted to the NSW
cars
> (and still used in the RDH and NDS) and were much better than the cars
in
> the ACN.
Yes, they are excellent.

> Have they announced what their standard will be? Given the standard in
the
> BZN's and the fixed direction five-across seating, will they continue
with
> this standard?
Possibily.... these kind of setting(5 across) is WAY too crowed but
would be able to take more passengers which would make managers happy .

Would there be 1st class carriages?

--
Cheers
James