Re: [VIC]Sprinter info!!

Dave Proctor said in message <7PVC4.728$OV2.504098@news0.optus.net.au>, I
therefore quote:

>The best seats I have come across were the ones fitted to the ACZ's in
>Victoria. They were marginally better than the ones fitted to the NSW
>cars (and still used in the RDH and NDS) and were much better than the
>cars in the ACN.

Agreed there, the ACZ/AZ seats are the best I have ever encountered on
rail. I could actually sleep in them. ACN seats however, aren't so good.
Maybe it's my build, but I feel like I am leaning forward when sitting in
one, not so much the back, but the seat itself.

If you count stock that's out of service now, I would consider the AE/AW
seats to be best, closely followed by the BE/BW seats.

Countrylink could have done a lot better than that supposed TGV crap that
they are spoonfeeding their loyal customers (including myself). What they
do fail to mention however, is that those supposed TGV seats in first
class, are not first class on the TGV (going by photos).

>Have they announced what their standard will be? Given the standard in
>the BZN's and the fixed direction five-across seating, will they
>continue with this standard?

I sincerely hope not. It's the only thing that stops me travelling economy
on V/Line (other than that the seats are not all facing the same direction)

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

 ** Don't steal. The government hates competition **