Re: Last use of EE loco on passenger train

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
OeAC4.796$jb5.492599@news0.optus.net.au">news:OeAC4.796$jb5.492599@news0.optus.net.au...

> What was the last use of an English Electric loco on a revenue passenger
> train in Australia? I think it was Gatton to Ipswich on Christmas Day 1991
> (a 1620?), which was also the last non-tourist use of wooden body
> passenger cars in Australia.

Last time I was in Tasmania (last year), I rode in a passenger carriage
behind an EE or 2, and I also payed money to do so.  So they were certainly
in revenue earning service.  Burble burble....

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)