Re: [Melb] Hillside late running who pays?

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message

> Just something a little different to think about.

> Today the Middleborough Road Level crossing was out of action from about
> 2:30 till 2:45pm.  Two trains ended up running late (I think 11 and 17
> minutes or something).  Now if it wasn't Hillside's fault do they forward
> an invoice of the fine to the person(s) that created the delay?

> Now some more info, the crossing was put out of action by some Hillside
> signal people on the instruction of the police a/c the Queen was to travel
> down Middleborough Road from the Freeway to Box Hill as part of her visit
> to Australia.  (After all we don't want the Queen to have to stop at a
level
> crossing and wait for some Hillside train to go throug).

As I understand it from spies at the scene, there was a Hillside bloke with
ESLO on his flack jacket, and 2 (Alstom?) signal fitters.  At the appointed
time, Metrol arranged for the trains to be held at Blackburn (Up Trains) &
Box Hill (Down Trains), & the fitters latched to Booms.  Because the Queen
was running late, sparks were delayed.  After the passage of the Queen, the
ESLO bloke (Emergency Services Liason Officer, we think) rang Metrol to
restore train services.

If you were serious about not delaying the train service, you could have
just pulled the V fuses 2 minutes before the party actually arrived (a TMU
Seargent was also present, so this information would have been available),
and then latched the booms.  This would have significantly reduced the
delay....

> So will Hillside invoice the Queen for the fined ammount?  If so will she
> pay in English pounds or Australia Dollars?

Why no Royal Train this time? |-)

PWM's probably...

--
HXP1