Re: S313 and T345 in revenue service today

Hi,

Yuri wrote:

> >8217, 8232 and 9212 all cross at Winchelsea - so be at Winchelsea at 2pm
> >and you will find _7_ locomotives, probably a record (and I challenge
> >anyone to get all 7 in one photograph - stand at the up end, the ballast
> >will be in no. 3 road (engines facing you), 8217 will be in no. 2 road
> >(engines away from you), then 8232 will come into view behind 8217 as it
> >enters the crossing)

those present tell me it wasn't possible - didn't any of you have a
helicopter???  The signalman (who's been there for many, many years) said he
can recall there once being 104 trucks in the yard during a drought year, but
doesn't think there was ever 7 locos at one time.

> >9212 departs Winchelsea after 8232 clears Sth Geelong (1430 or so), then
> >discharges to South Geelong, arrive 1815, follow the 1825 up pass, hence
> >dep GEX 1829, WRB 1917, arrive Totty Yard 2001.

Came up quite early, got to Geelong 1645, followed the 1700 up pass.

> Just heard from CH....slight change of plans account B76 failure this
> morning:

Didn't fail, but was withdrawn as a precaution.  Goes to Ballarat on Mon 27/3
for repairs.

> S302+S313  0849h down Warrnambool
>                      1220   up
>                      1800 down

Steamrail S looked, sounded and went great.  Was stabled in pass yard as at
Friday arvo.

> B61+B76      0635 up ex Warrnambool
> B61+T345    1235 down

T345 had grounds and was left at Warrnambool, B61 hauled the up with T369.
Friday morning had S302+S313+T345.

Saturday's motive power is
8207 to Geelong - S302 solo on 13 vehicles (should look like the old Spirit!)

8207 ex Geelong - S311+S302 (S311's coming down on 9138, it's tree damage is
repaired)
8232/8246 S302 on one, S311 the other
8220 B61.

Cheers,