Re: Robina-Coolangatta extension "essential"

The sensible thing would have been for the line from Brisbane to the
Gold Coast to have been built to dual guage and the Murwillumbah line
extended to connect.
Then Countrylink could have operated both XPT's to and from Brisbane
via the Gold Coast.
A taxi would suffice for any Kyogle passengers.
After all the population base is the Gold Coast.