Re: [NSW] Carl Scully: "Everytime you buy a train ticket..."

> Australian rail fares are, in world terms, fairly low. Perhaps it
> *could* be argued that if you are paying bugger all (and compared with
> a lot of other countries, we are) then you get bugger all.

I think the point is that a fare increase to "improve cost recovery"
does not even make a promise to improve service from what it is right
now. Even if we are paying bugger all for our current (bugger-all)
service, paying a higher amount for the same service is not on.
"Improving cost recovery" is merely a euphemism for increasing profit
margins no matter how negative they are.

> The greater revenue would provide investment funds to reduce the
> causes of delays.

You mean like the last fare increase...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.