Re: New Cityrail logo?

> They were all red/orange up until D617x/N517x series of cars were
delivered.
> This was when "State Rail" was used as the system name, before the
Business
> Unit, CityRail, was born in 1990 (I think it was 1990).

If I remember correctly (and I may not), the NSW logo with the arrows
above and below was relaced with the blue L7 (with the less acute angle
as someone mentioned before)in the late 70's. This blue L7 represented
the PTC which looked after trains, buses and ferries. Sometime, I think
1983 (?David Hill), the PTC was split into UTA (buses/ ferries) and
SRA. Both organisations had the same logo, but the SRA changed it to
the "candy" colours of red and orange. The UTA kept the blue version.
At about the time of Cityrail's birth (Greiner), the UTA became the STA
(with it's current logo), and CR changed to the current Black and
yellow.

Also, I think the NSW logo (with the arrows) had 'Sydney' written
within the top arrow (in white), and 'Transport' was written within the
lower arrow, also in white. I'm not sure if this was used outside
Sydney (for obvious reasons).

Feel free to correct if I'm wrong (I'm sure some-one will!)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.