Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

<james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8b6cuc$5nn$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8b6cuc$5nn$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <38D617AC.B4E8D82F@enternet.com.au>,
> Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote:
> > For the record, I cant help myself, I have to correct the claims made
> in all the
> > Press releases about the magnitude of the speeding up.
> >
> > The claims made are that the journey times from Melbourne to
> Provincial cities
> > will be speeded up as follows:
> >
> > Geelong from 1hr 5m to 45m
> > Ballarat from 1hr 30m to 1hr 0m
> > Bendigo from 1hr 50m to 1hr 20m
> > Traralgon from unstated to 'under 2hr'.
> Hmmmmmm! faster to go to Ballarat and Geelong then Lilydale and Belgrave
> :-)
Not only that but a 3 bedroom brick veneer modern home over looking civic
park Warragul was passed in at auction last weekend at $122.000,situated
close to every thing.Recently an older weather board home,3 bedrooms on true
3/4 acre block sold for $74.000.
Mind you though,petrol is 93c a litre,and gas 45.9c,but apart from
that.......why wouldnt you want to leave the rat race for a cheap home in
the country,surely wages will not be able to sustain house prices in the
city for much longer with out sending the kids out to work as well as both
parents.
Graeme