Re: [Sydney, Cityrail] Friday 17 March. Chaos?

Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
4M3B4.52085$3b6.211899@ozemail.com.au">news:4M3B4.52085$3b6.211899@ozemail.com.au...
> Thanks for a rare on-topic reply!  If there are any more
> contributors who actually travel by train (as opposed to reading the
> Telegraph or visiting http://www.cityrail.nsw.gov.au) , their experiences
> could be interesting.
> Rgds,
> Bill

I can't post this info as its contained in Excel spreadsheets but I collated
data from four test events last year at Olympic Park Station.  The data
relates to event completion and covers departing crowds only.  I was taking
data from the station until ejected and I moved to the car park opposite the
Aquatic Centre so I could observe whether departing trains were travelling
east or west.  If anyone is interested in the info send me an e-mail and
I'll send you the spreadsheets.

The 4 events were:

6 March 1999 - 1st Rugby League Double Header
Data taken at Olympic Park Station and includes by platform:
Train arrival time;
Train departure time;
Dwell;
Estimated loading; &
Headway figures.

5 April 1999 - Royal Easter Show (20 minute break in figures due to
ejection)
Data taken at Olympic Park Station and includes by platform:
Train arrival time;
Train departure time;
Dwell; &
Headway figures.

12 June 1999 - Official opening of Stadium Australia
Data taken outside the Aquatic Centre and includes:
Train pass times (up and down);
Headways (up and down);
Estimated loadings (departing trains only);
Train type; &
Train destination (east or west).

28 August 1999 - Bledisloe Cup
Data taken outside the Aquatic Centre and includes:
Train pass times (up and down);
Headways (up and down);
Estimated loadings (departing trains only);
Train type; &
Train destination (east or west).

Chris