Re: Did you Notice?

Rod said in message <38d43a01$0$14670@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>, I
therefore quote:

>Who but a "Sydney type" would complain about being late. (for work)
>Melbourne is much more relaxed than our Northern neighbors, and we
>learnt long ago to catch an earlier train, keeps the heart rate down,
>ofton gets you a seat, and time for a cofee at Spencer St or Flinders
>St, and watch all the pretty office girls go by...(eh..bye?)
>8-)

Ahh, but as a Mexican myself, I am yet to give that one a try. What else
does one want? I get a nice seat in the last car all the time, can buy
coffee if required at Flinders Street while waiting for my connecting
service, and get to enjoy reading The Age (unless there's 5 other people in
my 6 seat 'lot' - turning the pages can get a tad painful then). I have 9
minutes between connecting services, and arrive at work 10 minutes early.
And yes, as far as the city goes, it's a great place to view the human
scenery you mention above :-P

Our passengers down here are so much more calm and relaxed, you can get off
a train here without people coming in bowling you down - though, for the
first time, some rude cow decided to move their way in front of me to get
into the train before I got out, so, being the well build person I am, I
just kept walking, and gave a nice firm nudge, as I pretended they weren't
there - A practice I learnt upon Cityrail.

If you are a Mexican, and sick of being bullied by people wanting to get on
before you get off, take a week in Sydney. Travel the City Circle in the
afternoon peak - have fun! (-:

And, I do have a pretty low heart rate, while using our transport system,
but I don't know if that's something to do with the strange odour that
exists upon many uncleaned Bayside trains (-:

Ahh, more Mexican propaganda - I love it (-:

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

 ** Don't steal. The government hates competition **