Re: Liverpool station

Bradley Torr wrote in ........

>Stations are an integral part of railway infrastructure. I daresay that
>without stations, one may find it difficult to travel on passenger rail
>services. They are also an important part of the travelling experience -
>well-equipped, amenable stations with frequent, well-serviced trains and
>perway make for a fantastic journey..... and well, this newsgroup being
>named aus.rail, well, who'd a-thought that discussions about railway
>stations were off-topic! Certainly not me, they're the things I like most
>about rail......
>
>As for the notion that "the DOT builds stations and not CityRail therefore
>it's off-topic" well I wasn't to know that - I was under the impression
that
>CityRail designed and built railway stations and concourses! It's a non
>sequitir, in any case..... railway stations and infrastructure found at
>railway stations are on-topic. Period.

Bradley

No-one suggested that the concourse at Liverpool was in any way "off topic".

What I did question was why you were blaming Cityrail for the problems you
identified when Cityrail had nothing to do with the designing or building of
the infrastructure that you mention.

I am regularly amused by posts which blame this or that problem on bodies
(in this case Cityrail) that have no responsibility in the matter.

If you have problems with features of the Liverpool station area thats fine
and you may well be right but why not complain to/about the responsible
bodies, in this case DOT and Liverpool City Council.

Werris