Re: [Vic] Vline trains to be built locally

I really don't care where the trains/trams come from ..... as long as they
come.  The trains running on the Melbourne system are a disgrace, one day on
a St Albans train we made the trip round the loop without any interior
lighting and they are so old and noisy .

The first Comeng trains where delivered in the early 80's making them 20 yrs
old and the Hitachi's where built in the early 70's making them about 30.
Travelling on Hitachi's on a 35+ degree day is very uncomfortable as they
have no ventilation except for the windows (at least on the Harris trains
the doors could be kept open), I would hate to be in one during the evening
peak.  I am excited about the prospect of new trains in Melbourne, wherever
they come from.

Regards

Andrew