Re: [Vic] Vline trains to be built locally

In article <pHlA4.1671$Gi.4928@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
"Andrew Box" <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> I really don't care where the trains/trams come from ..... as long as
they
> come. The trains running on the Melbourne system are a disgrace, one
day on
> a St Albans train we made the trip round the loop without any interior
> lighting and they are so old and noisy .
I aussme you are talking about "HITACHI"??? Melbourne System is the only
suburban system didn't recieve any new vehicles since 1991(4D)

> The first Comeng trains where delivered in the early 80's making them
20 yrs
> old and the Hitachi's where built in the early 70's making them about
30.
> Travelling on Hitachi's on a 35+ degree day is very uncomfortable as
they
> have no ventilation except for the windows (at least on the Harris
trains
> the doors could be kept open), I would hate to be in one during the
evening
> peak. I am excited about the prospect of new trains in Melbourne,
wherever
> they come from.
We almost had 80(IIRC the actual number) 4Ds in the early 90s. I'm not
sure if its a good idea if the order went ahead. If we had them there
would be more a/c carriages in Melbourne system. On the other hand the
reliable of 4D might cause some problems with timekeeping.

--
Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/