Re: [Vic] Vline trains to be built locally

In article <38d0aca2@nap-ns1>,
"Signal Adjuster" <grime@dcsi.net.au> wrote:
> Report from the ABC
> 825-million dollar deal on tram and train maintenance
>
> The Bracks Government has signed an 825-million dollar deal with a
private
> transport operator to try to keep local industry alive.
Tsk tsk tsk! due to bloody Jeff's ignorance we have to waste 825m$$. But
I prefer to use 825m$ on rail developments rather then roads.

> But manufacturing unions still aren't satisfied.
Well, better then 0 ontents.

> National Express has given a commitment that at least 42 percent of
the
> manufacture and maintenance of new trams and trains will involve
Australian
> companies, mainly in Victoria.
Does QR owns the most locally built rollingstocks??
I don't recall QR order a completely built train from overseas lately.

--
Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/