Re: Status of Keswick Station in Adelaide

Forgive the lack of proper terminology, but since the standardisation
between Keswick and Geelong, there hasn't been a broad gauge track from
the southern (Goodwood) side of Keswick terminal to the Keswick
terminal.

Neither has there been any broad gauge track from North Terrace station
to Keswick terminal since the standardisation between Crystal Brook and
Keswick. (In previous years there was a service from North Terrace to
Mile End plant depot).

At present, to get a broad gauge train from North Terrace station to
Keswick terminal, a train would have to proceed to just short of the
yard limit on the Outer Harbor line and then reverse, taking the gaol
loop and proceed to Keswick terminal.

(A broad gauge train from Goodwood via the gaol loop to the Outer Harbor
or Gawler line is possible thanks to the points and track just south of
Mile End station, and has been used by special TransAdelaide trains
between the Royal Adelaide Show and Gawler).

A broad gauge service from North Terrace to Keswick would require at
least 4 sets of points a little way south of the gaol loop. It
disappointed me that the broad gauge track at the south end of the
Keswick yard through to the Belair/Noarlunga Centre lines was not
retained.