Re: Re:[Syd] Original S10

What happened to one that was stuffed and mounted outside Elcar?  I thought
the RTM received theirs prior to Elcar closing so there may be two survivors
plus the one converted to a trailer.
Cheers
Rod gayford

"Bob Merchant" <bob.merchant@bigpond.com> wrote in message
eCzz4.280$oD3.1096@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:eCzz4.280$oD3.1096@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Bill is right, the four motor cars were test beds for various
manufacturer's
> electrical equipment and bogies.  They served their purpose...
>
> Regards,
> Bob Merchant
>
> "Bill McNiven" <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> k%qz4.47273$3b6.199858@ozemail.com.au">news:k%qz4.47273$3b6.199858@ozemail.com.au...

> | years
> say
> | The Railway Rasputin II wrote in message
> | <38CE28F6.2EE03CDF@fastlink.com.au>...
> | >3 out of the 4 were converted but only one of these made it into
traffic
> | >now getting arround as T4799. The other two, according to my souce,
were
> | >converted but were scrapped.
> | >3804 is at the RTM.
> |

> | OK.  The Tulloch 8DD set entered service late in 1968, and was gone by
> about
> | 1975.  For much of the time, only two or three of the power cars were
> | available for service, and some strange compositions like 6DD + 2 Comeng
> | ("sputnik") single-deck cars ran around.
> |
> | C3801 and C3803 became T4797 and T4799, and T4799 is still around.
> Sometime
> | around 1984, the futility of these conversions became apparent, and
C3804
> | was offered to the RTM.  BTW, 3804 was the first double-deck power car
> | operate in the world.  The trailers (T4839, T4840, T4843, T4844) from
S10