Re: [Melb] Special train Ringwod Line this Sunday

Michael Kurkowski (mk@netstra.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> For a while trains were able to run to Coldstream (i.e. the line was open
> for use), but I think even that's finished now. Goods trains used to run
> to/from Coldstream after the line was closed. I remember going on a
> Steamrail tour back in about 1989 or so, which went to Coldstream, where
> everyone transferred to buses. For the record, the loco was a K.

The line was still open for freight and special passenger trains in 1990.
There was a runaway spark from Lilydale towards Coldstream since the
creation of this newsgroup (late 1992). A T was sent to the rescue.

Cheers
David