Re: [Sydney, Cityrail] "Doggy" on train

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> There is a bloke on the Epping line in Melbourne who constantly makes
> quacking noises at people. I have come across him so often I wouldn't
> be surprised if he sits on trains all day every day quacking at people.
>
> About 30% of the passengers seem to find him entertaining, the other
> 70% seem to find him annoying.

He hangs around Flinders St Station quite a lot. Apparently he is an ex-Met
employee (from a track gang) who has gone mad (quacked up?). When I was
working at Flindsers St Station, I used to see him almost every day.
One day at Flinder St, an irate passenger was yelling at me because the
escalators at Parliament were out of order, he was not interested in a word
I was saying, and would not accept that I couldn't personally turn them on.
He was about to have a heart attack from getting so stressed out about it
and had just turned to walk away, when duckman appeard on scene and quacked
at him, I thought he would explode!! Duckman isn't all bad!! :-)

Sam Eades