Re: Lifespan of CityRail cars [NSW] S set air condition trial

trendy rechauffé <trendy_rechauffe@start.com.au> wrote in message
Aiqy4.44958$3b6.193834@ozemail.com.au">news:Aiqy4.44958$3b6.193834@ozemail.com.au...
> I doubt they would spend any more money on the S sets as most of the cars
> wouldn't even have 10 years life left. Although knowing the railways, they
> will strech the service life out as long as possible, maybe till the cars
> are 40 years old.

Hi Trendy,

**What about the U-boats? - I think they have retired earlier before its
actual normal lifespan. (I wish they are still here - to suppliment the
current rolling stock during the Olympic Games)

Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page