Re: [NSW] Chatswood Rail link & North & Western Bus Co.

Peter Ware wrote in message <38C97378.80B9CC86@ozemail.com.au>...

>Rod Gayford wrote:
>
>> According to today's papers service from City to Parramatta and return
>> starts on Monday. According to Scully it is an interim measure until
>> Parramatta to Chatswood line is built.
>> Cheers
>> Rod Gayford
>>

>I don't see how it could be an "interim measure" as the only point of
contact
>between the two services is Parramatta.

And Rydalmere.

>My understanding (I could be wrong) is
>that the new service (Rte 520 Parra to Circular Quay) will be a permanent
>service.

Any information as to whether the 501 from West Ryde will continue to
operate, or will it become part of this route? I can't really see much
patronage from Parramatta to the city on the bus, but the opportunities for
intermediate journeys will be great.

Dave