Australians to boycott Service Stations!

Subject:        FW: Petrol boycott
 AUSTRALIANS JOIN THE WORLD "GAS OUT"

 INTERNATIONAL 3 DAY PETROL BOYCOTT

 Last year on April 30,across the USA the American people staged what
they  called a "Gas Out" across Canada and the USA to bring down the
 high  price of petrol ..........and it worked!!!!
 It's time we Australian's took a leaf out of the old American protest
 book  and did something similar, only this time let's make it for THREE
 DAYS  instead of just one.
 Can you imagine how this sort of action would hurt the Federal Government
 which rips us off blind with its World Parity Pricing Policy?
 Can you imagine how this sort of action would hurt the Oil companies who
 also rip us off blind with their variety of fuel prices all across the
 nation aimed at wringing the last cent out of our pockets wherever they
 can do so?
 Can you imagine how this sort of action will be received by the
 Oil  Cartels in the Middle East ? Once they realize that the world's
 people  are  not going to take this lying down we may be able to organize a
 world  revolt against profiteering Government, Oil Companies and Oil
Cartels.
 The Oil Cartel has decided to slow production simply to drive up
 petrol  prices and put our money in their pockets. Yet you don't see our
Federal  Government rushing to help the people do you? John Howard, while
 putting  on his public disapproval, must be quietly loving this scenario,
 as it's  putting more money in his Treasury and on top of the GST. And if
you  believe that the Oil companies are absorbing some of the costs as
they  claim they are, don't believe a word of it...it's simply PR aimed
 at  making you feel comfortable while they pick your pocket.
 Lets see how many Australians we can get to band together for a
 three day period in April, NOT TO BUY ANYPETROL, during those
three days. It will  take a little planning but with a small amount of self
 sacrifice and some  solidarity with the Canadian and American people as
well, we have an  opportunity to send a real world message where it's going
to hurt the  most.
  If you're happy about seeing your hard earned dollars stolen by a
 Middle  East Oil Cartel and seeing your own Government rub its hands
 together while we're ripped off by them as well.......then do nothing !!
 If you're fed up with the constant rip off by Cartels and your
 Government tell them directly.
 Tell them you've had enough and ..........JOIN AUSTRALIA'S GAS
 OUT.

 Do not buy any petrol from APRIL 6,2000, to APRIL 8, 2000. Buy
 what you need before the dates listed above, or after, but practice some
 restraint  and put off some things you were going to do and don't buy any
 petrol  during the GAS OUT. If you want help, just ask!!
 SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AND ASK THEM TO JOIN IN
...AND DO THE SAME.
      The Americans and the Canadians achieved a price cut once before
 and  there's no reason why we can't achieve a similar result if we band
 together and fight against the people who profiteer from us.
 Come on Australia!!
 Let's stand together!!
 WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!
 Even if you receive this 100 times keep passing it around, this
way you
 know everyone is being informed and no one will
-From_: root  Fri Mar 10 15:24:48 2000