Re: Australians to boycott Service Stations!

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:00:27 +1100, "Rod" <freight_man@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Subject:        FW: Petrol boycott
> AUSTRALIANS JOIN THE WORLD "GAS OUT"
>
> INTERNATIONAL 3 DAY PETROL BOYCOTT

I got a better idea, why don't we encourage people to boycott their
cars and get them to use public transport as much as possible for
three days? Ship all interstate freight by rail and get Ford and
Pilkingtons to use their sidings. That way it will help remove the
shortage of petroluem fuels that is fuelling the rise in prices.

You can't delay the inevitable. Petroleum supplies are not finite and
a permenant rise in prices is inevitable. Encourage all to use the
most fuel efficient modes of transport. Remove GST from public
transport fares and introduce FBT concessions to employer paid for
transportation just as car-parking costs are FBT-free.

What's 3 days of boycott going to do? Drop prices on road-use fuels
and maintain prices for rail-use fuels. Who wins? Not you Rod. Every
rise in fuel costs makes rail that much more attractive.

Les Brown
See you in the loop