[VIC] Burnley Failure This Morning

This morning, there was a major problem with the brakes on a Hitachi set
(a burst hose bag?) on an up journey from GWY in the morning peak, just
before 0800. It was at BLY and was blocking all up trains. The disabled
set was eventualy pushed onto the up BLY Through line and all up
services ran on the BLY local lines.

The disabled train was left on the through line as there was nowhere to
put it (BLY sidings full of track machines). I don't know when or if it
was moved or where it wil be taken.

This disruption had a major impact on all Hillside services, well into
the day (When I left work at 1230, things as far out as Greensborough
were still stuffed, the 1230 out of GRN departed 17 mins late).

Methinks it has been an expensive day for Hillside. :-(

Sam Eades