Re: Some interesting Rail Facts.

> My feeling is that the feds simply want to get right out of Rail
altogether
> and will simply leave the issues of rail monopolies to Prof Fels to
sort out .
> Its certainly likely that NRC in its own right will dissapear and be
disbursed
> into the various privatised rail companies.
> Eventually Freightcorp will be sold , Carr is just as pro
>privatization as
> most other State Premiers and will keep trying especially when after
the
> Olympics the State ends up with a huge debt.

Fireght Corp always wanted to merge with NR, an insider predicted that
who ever purchase NR will likely buy Freight Corp also due to their
similarity on regulations/operation procedures/managers/rolling stocks
etc. In some ways, NR IS part of Freight Corp.

> At the end of the day there will be two interstate freight rail
>companies left
> in Australia, one will be Freightcorp (either privately owned or
>still as
> a Govt Corporation ), the other I dont know for sure , a consortium
of FA
> + ASR maybe.
>
> MD

Actually this was a statement from Freight Corp before the sale of
V/line Freight.
At that time insiders predicted ATN would get V/line Freight and
eventually take NR and Westrail as well as the ownership of Alice
Spring to Darwin Railway, nobody predicted RA would enter the market.
RA certainly wasn't as ambious as ATN(at that time still halme by Ed
Burkardt).

Now since RA entered the share, things became more complicated. I can't
be sure there will be 2 left eventually. Maybe more maybe less; at the
end of the day nobody predicted Freight Corp would tender coal haulage
in Queensland! Keep your eyes open!

ps: would Country Link and CityRail up for sale?

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/