Re: MVA 1.8.6 - Screenshots! Feature Comparison!

Wow.. another TTDLX player!!!

I went back to the game just 2 days ago and already I'm using less net time.
As for Windows 2000, I was unaware of "Command Interface" but I assume it is
just a vamped up DOS. Windows 2000 IS a newer version of NT, so it isn't
designed for any great ol' DOS games such as "Captain Comic", "Transport
Tycoon" or "Transport Tycoon Deluxe". Apparently it also fails to run games
such as Quake [which is actually a derivitive of Wolfenstein 3D] and I think
some versions of DOOM.

Bon Apetit!

As far as I know, MVA should work on Windows 2000. Unsure, but most likely.
It is a VB6 application

"Neil Stalker" <nstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
| Off Topic
|
| Windows 2000 has a 'Command Interface' instead of the DOS Shell, which
| prevents it from running any legacy DOS game/application (Aaargh, I can't
| run Transport Tycoon Deluxe) BTW Windows Millenium is still based on the
| Win9x kernel, it just has the Windows 2000 interface, and that reminds me,
| have you heard what the slogan is for Win ME? Would you believe 'It Just
| Works'? The consumer oriented Windows 2000 is to be released in a year or
| so, its currently codenamed Neptune.
|
| ---
| Dean A Stalker
|
| Mitch <this.is.not.my@email.address.com> wrote in message
| > I'm not sure if DOS is entirely compatible with Win2000..
| >
| > Remember though:
| > Win 2000 is not Windows [personal], but a derivitive of Windows NT
| [server,
| > hence the pricetag $$]
| > Win 2000 has been said to not run some games, might go for some DOS
| programs
| > as well
| > Win Me, Win Millenium or whatever is the PERSONAL version of Windows
2000
| as
| > opposed to the SERVER version.
| >
| > Tell me now, what is more common, Windows 98 ($150) or Windows NT 4?
($200
| > or more)
| >

| > "Jonathan Boles" <mousewithglasses@NO.CANNED.HAM.hotmail.com> wrote in
| > message news:01bf840d$9de90a80$06bd36cb@tfboles...
| > | for writing simple 'toy' programs that i write, the price for vb is
not
| > | justified.
| >
| > Control Creation Edition is available from microsoft.com, I think. I'm
not
| > sure it lets you compile to EXE though.

| > |
| > | btw, doesn't qb work at all in win 2k?