Re: Signalling Questions in Brisbane?

"Kevin Lyons" <klyons@iprimus.com.au> wrote:

>I didn't want to confuse the issue by changing names of what
are basicly 2
>signals that tell you the same thing. Only the distance from
the next signal
>varies and of course an approach signal may be only single
aspect.

And the fact that approach signals are replaced by track circuit
occupation, and Repeats aren't.

Note to Matt: Flashing aspects are supposed to be flashing
aspects. I havn't looked through my notes to see what the flash
rate is supposed to be exactly, but it's accomplished usually in
a few different ways, none of them adjustable.

>> >By the way ,QR also use a flashing green signal to indicate
change of
>> >safeworking system from coloured light to some other system.
>>
>> This is not absolutely correct. Strictly speaking, Flashing
Green is a
>> reminder to the Driver that, from now on, he needs more than
just a
>Proceed
>> aspect in the signal before he can continue (e.g. Train
Staff, Train Order
>> or DTC authority). When passing from RCS into, say, Train
Order Territory,
>> the entrance signal will display a Flashing Green. If,
however, a train is
>> passing from Train Order Territory into RCS territory, the
signal will
>> display a steady Green.
>>

>Took it as understood that the driver MUST have the appropriate
authority
>for the section ahead. I was more interested in the use of the
flashing
>green.

Seeing as I'd only heard of this existing at Stuart (?) As I
recall it was to 'tweak' the driver into remembering to pick up
the staff. It wasn't a wide spread practice.

Speaking of strange practises, we almost had purple aspects as
well (for repeats), only I couldn't find a manufacturer. All of
the aspects I ever found looked blue.

Seeya!

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com