Re: CityRail On Time Running

The East Hills line was running pretty well this morning.  A down train I
caught Turrella to Macarthur was 6 minutes late but that was the worst I
saw.  The Tangara provided a damn sprightly express run Glenfield -
Campbelltown.

The return run was an R set, 1st time of been on an S or R set at better
than 120km/h for some time (express Campbelltown - Glenfield).

One thing that strikes me about the new timetable, any train driven with
some effort to maintain 80km/h on the Airport Line can knock over Wolli
Creek to Central in 12 minutes including Green Square - Central in 3 minutes
yet most trains are allowed 14 minutes Wolli Creek to Central including 5
minutes Green Square - Central.  I could see logic in recovery time if the
same were done for trains via Tempe but this appears not to be the case.

Chris

David Woolley <dwoolley@bigfoot.com> wrote in message