Re: Multi gauge trains - was [NSW] Strange rails at Hurstville

An Australian Engineer designed an axle that would change with the width of
track.He offerd it to the Australian States but they wern't interested in it
,so he sold it to Germany.I don't know if they used it ,because it was just
before the Second world war.One of our teachers at High school was telling
about it as he said he knew the engineer,This way back in 1945/6.Never heard
anymore about it.

Regards

Fred Morley.Ex driver (Bmd NSW )

zhU45.3264$HR1.544357@news0.optus.net.au">news:zhU45.3264$HR1.544357@news0.optus.net.au...