Re: Letter to the Canberra Times

Although I entirely agree that Canberra not exactly my favourite place in
the world, David did have a point. Canberra is big on tourism (After all,
you can visit the world's biggest roundabout - parliament house), business
(many major businesses hold bases here, and many negotiations with
Government happen here), and increasing in population (is it about
300000??) - around 1/10 the size of Melbourne.

I dont think heavy rail would suit Canberra - in terms of space it is too
small. However the roads are certainly capable of taking a light rail
system. A recent survey showed that Canberra's air had more toxins in it
than Sydney or Melbourne air (must be all those politicians breathing), and
there are other environmental and practical issues coming forward.

If Canberra builds trams though, they better not be like Sydney's!

Brendan

B579C2BC.11868%markbau@altavista.com">news:B579C2BC.11868%markbau@altavista.com...