Re: (NSW) Scanner frequencies for rail

Ian wrote:

>> Why on earth would any one want to listen to rail staff radio messages?

Some very interesting things go on over the Radio...yes even the
railways

> I wouldn't want to listen to station radio calls, but that's my choice.  Every
> person can choose what they wish to listen to.

Very true

>> Apart from being illegal, I'm sure it would be boring.

Where did you get your info from???, or are you just assuming that it is
illegal....scanning any radio signal in Australia has never been
illegal(apart from radio phones, mobiles, cordless etc)

> Boring yes, illegal no.  Scanning radio transmissions in Australia is not
> illegal.  Scanning telephone or radio-telephone calls is illegal.  It is also an
> offence to divulge what you hear on a radio transmission to person not party to
> the conversation.

>> How about we all listen in on your phone calls or have a gander at your
>> Emails......

> Because that is illegal.

> > Great that means I'm allowed to listen into Police Radio, Fire
> > Brigades, Ambulances etc., I think not.

Yes you are....go into any Dick Smith or Tandy store and see how many
scanners are available
and you would be surprised at how many people have scanners.....
scanners are used by News journos, Tow trucks and even some Police
stations have a scanner instead of a two way...much cheaper, and there
is a two way fitted to the car(small stations, even in Brisbane)

Kev